What is TPO Roofing?
TPO, which stands for thermoplastic polyolefin, is a single-ply roofing membrane that provides outstanding performance at a low cost. Superior strength is provided by heat-welded seams. TPO is a durable low-slope roofing system because of its long-term heat, UV, and natural fungal resistance, as well as its flexibility without the need of plasticizers. TPO has become one of the most popular low-slope roofing materials in the 20+ years it's been on the market. Over 1 billion square feet of single-ply roofs are erected each year, accounting for more than half of all single-ply roofs installed today.
Benefits of TPO Roofing
The rapid rise in popularity can be associated with several of TPO’s inherent benefits, including:
- Great Value: Excellent performance at a cost effective price.
- Excellent Seam Strength: Heat-welded seams provide greater seam strength to taped and other seams.
- Long-term Weathering: Excellent long-term heat and UV resistance.
- Energy Saving: Highly reflective and emissive white surface can help reduce energy costs and urban heat island effect
- Inherently Flexible: No need for plasticizers
- Naturally Fungal Resistant: Doesn’t require biocides.
- Versatile Application Methods: Including high-performance roofs requiring high wind uplift, increased puncture resistance, or quick economical systems.
Advantages of TPO Roofing Over Other Materials
Before selecting on which sort of commercial roof to install, businesses and houses of worship should undertake a roofing comparison and learn the facts about different roofing types.
- Puncture resistance is much better than EPDM and somewhat better than PVC
- Unlike PVC or EPDM, this product is far more environmentally friendly
- Due to heat welding technique, the seams are the same as PVC and stronger than EPDM.
- Unlike a black EPDM system, the roof does not heat up.
- TPO has a chemical resistance equivalent to that of a PVC system, but without the EPDM's weakness.
- TPO does not shrink as much as PVC.
- TPO, unlike PVC, does not shatter.
- TPO does not decay in the same way that PVC does.
Every structure has its own set of requirements, and the roof system chosen should be able to meet those needs. TPO Roofing Systems, on the other hand, are the ideal option for most structures, thanks to all of the benefits mentioned above. If a building's strengths don't lend itself to a TPO roof system, EPDM is usually the next best option.
Get a long-lasting commercial roofing solution When placed correctly and adequately maintained, a TPO roof can last up to 25 years. TPO roofing with a smooth surface provides consistent protection against premature aging caused by dirt or debris on your roof surface.
The heat welded seams strengthen your TPO roof, preventing moisture from collecting beneath your commercial roof. TPO is a suitable low-slope roofing solution for commercial structures because of its heat resistance, UV resistance, and fungus resistance.
Improve energy efficiency
TPO commercial roofing is referred to be a "cool roof" since it reflects the sun's harmful UV rays. When you install a TPO roof on your company or church, you can save money on utility bills over time. Its smooth surface will reduce your energy consumption, saving you money on your cooling expenses year after year.
Roof TPO is also known for its energy efficiency, which appeals to homeowners who want to save money on their cooling bills while also helping the environment by lowering their carbon footprint. The EPA's ENERGY STAR standards are exceeded by TPO's white reflecting surface, and the product's white, gray, and tan color variants are listed with the Cool Roof Rating Council. To put it simply, a TPO roof will keep your building cool in the summer while lowering your air conditioning bills. It's also recyclable, reducing the amount of garbage that ends up in landfills.
The product's energy efficiency is one of the key reasons why customers select TPO over alternatives like EPDM or PVC. Its reflecting surface, which might be white, light gray, or black, is intended to keep the interior of the structure cool during the hot summer months. Its energy efficiency will save you money on your energy costs while also helping the environment.
Enjoy cost-effective commercial roofing TPO roofing is a cost-effective option for replacing the roof of your business or church. Make sure to get quotations from multiple respected roofing contractors in your region, and ask them to give you a detailed estimate that includes all materials and labor.
Customize your commercial roof Choose from a range of reflective colors when you have a GAF TPO roof installed: light gray, white, or black. EverGuard® TPO membranes are available from GAF in a variety of configurations, including:
- EverGuard TPO
- EverGuard Extreme TPO
- EverGuard Extreme and EverGuard TPO Fleece-Back Membrane
- EverGuard Freedom TPO
- EverGuard TPO Colors